As co-artistic director of Montreal-based interdisciplinary group PME-ART, Jacob Wren is a writer and maker of eccentric performances. His practice produces striking combinations of performance, visual art, literature, theory and music. Focusing on artistic collaboration, the work of PME-ART is an ongoing process of questioning the world, of finding the courage to say things about the current predicament that are direct and complex, of interrogating the performance situation. PME-ART’s past creations include the performances Hospitality 3: Individualism Was A Mistake and The DJ Who Gave Too Much Information, En français comme en anglais, it’s easy to criticize, Le Génie des autres — Unrehearsed Beauty and Families Are Formed Through Copulation/La famille se crée en copulant presented overthe last fifteen years in thirty-eight cities in Quebec,Canada, Europe, Japan and the United States. PME-ART was nominated for the 27th Conseil des arts de Montréal’s Grand-Prix in the category of New Artistic Practices.
- Concept, songwriting, performances: Jacob Wren
- Website Design: Uniform
- Website Programming: Bruno Cloutier
- Recording (Website): Radwan Ghazi Moumneh (hotel2tango)
- Technical Director: Mathieu Chartrand
- Production: PME-ART. Co-production and residency: FFT (Düsseldorf), Wunder der Prärie Festival-Zeitraumexit (Mannheim), Baltic Circle International Theatre Festival (Helsinki) and Inkonst (Malmö). Presentation and residency: Usine C (Montréal). With the support of the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, the Conseil des arts de Montréal and the Kunststiftung NRW (Germany).
Featured in events
Casa del PopoloOctober 20, 10:00 pm
April 7, 8:00 pm